Flight Operations Officer
- Bamfurlong Ln, Staverton Bridge, Cheltenham GL51, UK
Skyborne Airline Academy is one of the most respected and trusted global commercial pilot training academies in the industry. Skyborne delivers airline pilots, and have achieved this by radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from a unique educational approach in ground school, to world-class facilities, a modern fleet of aircraft and flight simulators, and an enviable instructional team. Skyborne is fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots.
Aviation Operations Officer
40 hours Flexible primarily over Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday
Are you someone with an interest in Aviation or would enjoy the challenge of learning about a key area in the sector?
We are Skyborne, a leading Aviation Training Company. We are a growth business that despite being less than 5 years old has invested in a superb site and resources to deliver our vision of being the best at what we do. We are instrumental in our trainees’ journey to the flight deck.
Our Graduates are employed by the leading airlines in the business with more big names in the pipeline . We have further plans to expand and increase our output . We set ourselves the highest standards, believe in professionalism and that work should be satisfying with scope to develop and have fun . We consider ourselves a people business and are a motivated bunch who take a pride in giving our trainees the best start to fantastic careers in aviation. We employ a great team of professionals who take a pride in supporting this.
As a member of the Operations team you will be a central part of the airline academy and instrumental in facilitating the students training and assisting them through their journey with Skyborne. The role consists of but is not limited to:
- Overseeing and monitoring flights in real time
- Liaison with Air Traffic control and other stakeholders to ensure the resources are in place for the flight.
- Working with Maintenance teams in monitoring and passing information regarding the aircraft/simulator fleet.
- Manual handling of the aircraft to/from the hangar
- Development and management of the daily flying schedule to utilise the aircraft, simulators, and instructors. Reacting to any last-minute changes and adjusting as required.
- Supporting the students by providing information pertinent to their flight and handling general enquiries. Additionally supporting them with any assistance they need.
- Assisting with student on-boarding and off-boarding processes including generating
- Checking data for the students, instructors and aircraft is accurate and current prior to flight.
- Monitoring aircraft technical logs for service dates/times and any restrictions
- Being part of the monitoring process for safety and compliance.
Applicants must have;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a quick learner with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to use initiative and multi task in a fast paced environment
- Happy to work flexibly over weekends and occasionally cover other days
- Pragmatic problem solver
- Able to prioritise and communicate reasons why to customers and colleagues
- Competent Excel and Microsoft Office user
- The right to live and work within the United Kingdom
If you answered yes to all of the above, then do apply so we can discuss this further
An interest in Aviation is preferable and previous operations experience would help but is not a requirement as training will be given.
Remuneration circa £25k depending on experience.
Great range of benefits and based on site our state-of-the-art facility at Gloucester Airport.